They are classics for a reason. Chocolate chip cookies. These are the bomb.
Finding a perfect chocolate cookie recipe is actually really difficult. I have tested so many different ones and never got anything close to what I was looking for…until now. Ladies and gentleman, the perfect cookie. Before I dive into the recipe here are the big tips that make the difference. 1) Always use butter. Keep that margarine shit out of here. 2) 2:1 ratio of brown sugar to white sugar. 3) Use a combination of full size and mini chocolate chips 4) Put the formed dough into the freezer before getting them in the oven.
- 1 cup of butter at room temp
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini milk chocolate chips
- Get the oven preheated to 375 and get 2 baking sheets lightly greased with butter
- Using a wooden spoon, or stand mixer if you have one, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Once smooth add in the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix for 2 mins.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix together until dough forms together. Once dough is together fold in the chocolate chips. It should be SLAMMED with chocolate.
- Take your time and create round 2 TBS balls of the cookie dough and place them on the baking sheet. Try to squeeze 12 on each sheet. Place sheets in the freezer for minimum 10 mins and up to half hour. This is a game changing step that can't be skipped!
- Bake each sheet one at a time. Place baking sheet in oven for 13-14 minutes. The bottoms should look nicely done while the tops still look quite raw. Don't worry, this is what you want. Trust me.
- Let cookies cool on the pan for 10 mins and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack so the bottoms of a chance to cool and get crispy.
- Pour a glass of milk, find somewhere in your home where you can sit in total silence and dummy these cookies. They are so addictive so be careful.
Subscribe to more content like this: